Containerized isolated development environment for Java programming language.
Why this images
- If you need self-hosted remote development environment.
- If you want to be one command away from coding in Java.
docker run --name space-1 -d -p 8020-8040:8020-8040 alnoda/java-workspace
and open localhost:8020 in browser.
- Eclipse Theia - open source version of popular Visual Studio Code IDE. Theia is trully open-source, has VS-Code extensions and works in browser. This means it can run inside a docker container on local machine or in cloud. A lot of beautiful color themes and many common plugins are already installed to save time.
- Terminal - secure browser-based terminal.
- FileBrowser - manage files and folders inside the workspace, and exchange data between local environment and the workspace
- Ungit - rings user friendliness to git without sacrificing the versatility of it.
- Ubuntu 20.4 with the following CLI apps